Advertisements

Ghana High Commission in Pretoria, South Africa has denied on Thursday, the report according to which a Ghanaian resident in South Africa had been stabbed KwaZulu Natal Province following the controversial victory of Black Stars last Sunday.

According to the report which was even relayed by some of our colleagues from the online platforms, the news was first reported by a certain Mr. Obeng-Boadi who gave an interview to a radio station based in Kumasi, Fox FM. Sir.

Obeng-Boadi reportedly said that a disagreement between a Yaw Owusu and an unknown South African national over the outcome of the game between Ghana and South Africa resulted in the stabbing death of Yaw Owusu in a town called Mzimkhulu, in the province of KwaZulu Natal.

However, the Ghanaian representative in the country indicated that “all Ghanaians that after an extensive investigation into the matter, including discussions with Mr. Obeng-Boadi, the information making rounds has been found to be fake and without merit.”

“Ghanaians are therefore being advised to go about their daily duties without any fear”, the statement said.

Nevertheless, they are also urged to “act with circumspect by avoiding unnecessary arguments as well in areas where sentiments and tensions are high as a result of the outcome of the football match. They are further advised to contact the Mission at any time when they feel that their lives are in dang”.


Indeed, tension is high between the football authorities of the two countries, after the Blacks Stars qualified for the playoffs of the Qatar 2022 World Cup following their controversial match against Bafana Bafana.

Source: AfrikPage

Read also: Ghana shocked by the “falsehoods” spread by SAFA