According to Hatayspor team doctor Gurbey Kahveci, Ghana international Christian Atsu has yet to be found following the devastating earthquake that claimed the lives of thousands of people in Turkey this week.
It’s another blow to the world of football after “the good news” was celebrated around the world. Among others, the Ghana Football Association GFA and the Confederation of African Football even reacted on the subject.
The 31-year-old was reportedly pulled from the rubbles on Tuesday February 6, after 26 hours, allaying fears among Ghanaians.
Turkish media reported that the player was pulled out alive with only injuries, adding that he was taken to hospital.
However, Kahveci, who is the team doctor for the club Atsu plays for said on Wednesday February 08, 2023, that the player and the sporting director, Taner Savut, are still nowhere to be found.
“When we heard the news that ‘he had been taken to Dortyol hospital’, we immediately went to look, but he wasn’t there. At the moment we accept that [sporting director] Taner Savut and Christian Atsu have not been found, too bad,” he said.